THE PARK OF REMEMBRANCE
Small but cosy, the park is located only a few hundred meters away from the centre. There are numerous monuments to the soldiers, places for relaxation and walking, as well as quiet corners for daydreaming and meditating.
The park is located within the old cemetery, in a sacred area near the church of Saint Mary Liberator, founded in 1930.
In the park you will also find the following monuments:
- bronze bust of the “garibaldino” General Cristiano Lobbia (1828-1876)
- bronze bust of the abbot Giovanni Costa (1736-1816)
- bronze bust of Giovanni Carli (1910-1945) from Asiago, awarded with the Gold Medal of Military Valour
- the memorial stone to the General Euclide Turba, awarded with the Gold Medal of Military Valour, who died on Mount Castelgomberto on November 23rd, 1917
- the memorial plate to the fallen and missing in Russia
- the memorial plate to the exodus of people of Asiago in 1916
- the memorial to the fallen of the Alpine Division of Pusteria
- the monument to the Sassari Brigade
- the monument in memory of the prisoners of the concentration camps
- a stele of pink marble dedicated to Roberto Sarfatti, awarded with the Gold Medal of Military Valour
- a stele to the French General Leloran
and the memorial stone to the IV Artillery Regiment of the Mantua Brigade placed on the left side of the church.